We’re Getting Active!
Welcome to our Active School Flag website.
- The Active School was launched by the Department of Education in May 2009 and is organised through Mayo education Centre.
- The purpose of the initiative is to recognise schools that strive to achieve a physically active and physically educated school community.
- It is the overall aim of Threen N.S to provide a wide and varied physical health programme for children both during allocated P.E. times and extracurricular activities.
- We want to raise awareness about the importance of enjoyment, play and keeping fit and the Active Flag initiative will encourage us to do this.
To learn more about the Active School Flag Initiative, visit their website.
Meet our ASF Committee!!
Maebh, Ciaran, Cian, James, Elisha, Killian, Megan and Zoe.
Representatives from Senior Infants to 6th class have been selected to form an ‘Active Schools Committee’ and these pupils work co-operatively with school Staff and parents.
They meet and discuss activity-based topics within the school and community.
- Below you will find our timetable of activities for Term 1. We are also working with Super Troopers and the children have active homework each night that can be done with their parents.
Monday: Brain breaks and soccer training
Tuesday: D.E.A.D (Drop Everything And Dance)
Wednesday: Run a mile
Thursday: Skipping (Leading to a skipathon in December)
Friday: No Football Friday – Playground Games